Internship/thesis Feed Hygiene
De Heus Animal Nutrition is a leading organization in the field of animal nutrition and feed production. We are committed to ensuring the safety and quality of animal feed, which is vital for animal health and the production of safe food products for consumers.
We are offering an exciting internship/thesis opportunity in the field of feed hygiene. The intern will work closely with our team of experts in the Innovation Team Premix & Specialties and gain insights into various aspects of feed hygiene including, literature research, in vitro studies, and an experiment in one of our state-of-the-art feed mills.
- Conduct a comprehensive literature review on current practices and advancements in feed hygiene.
- Summarize relevant research findings and identify key areas for improvement in feed hygiene
In vitro study
- Plan and execute in vitro experiment(s) to evaluate the impact of different feed hygiene measures on microbial contamination and feed quality.
- Collect and analyze data, interpret results, and prepare report.
Feed Mill Experiment
- Collaborate with our team to design and conduct an experiment in one of our feed mills in NL to assess the effectiveness of various feed hygiene protocols/treatments.
- Monitor feed production processes, collect samples, and analyze data to make recommendations for process improvements.
What do we ask from you?
- You are a student currently enrolled in an MSc program in Animal Science, Veterinary Medicine, Food Science, or related field.
- You have a strong interest in feed hygiene and animal nutrition.
- You have good research and analytical skills and are willing to develop these skills further.
- You have good English language and Dutch language skills.
- You have a driver’s license B.
- You are self-motivated, proactive, and capable of working independently.
What do we offer you?
- Valuable hands-on experience in feed hygiene research and production.
- Mentorship from experienced professionals in the field.
- Exposure to cutting-edge technology and laboratory facilities.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application, including a resume and a cover letter detailing their motivation and qualifications for this internship, to Yvonne van der Meer, product developer Innovation Team P&S per email: firstname.lastname@example.org.